There are many imitators, but only one DropBot Chip! Each of our DropBot Chips is carefully and extensively assessed with our 120-point quality control process. We guarantee 'perfect' droplet actuation across all electrodes and compatibility for standard use with the DropBot v3.0 system for the lifetime of the chip.
Each standard DropBot chip comprises (i) a 2" x 3" (50.8 mm x 76.2 mm) bottom plate bearing 68 roughly square (2.2 × 2.2 mm) metal driving electrodes (where 60 of them form a 4 row × 15 column electrode array), 8 dispensing electrodes, and 8 reservoir electrodes, and (ii) a 50 x 25 mm top plate bearing a transparent ITO counter-electrode. Chips are delivered assembled and ready to use, with an inter-plate spacer of ~180 μm.
- 0.9 mm thick Soda Lime glass
- High reflectivity Chrome electrodes
- Vapour-deposited dielectric coating (~6 μm)
- Hydrophobic fluoropolymer coating
- 0.7 mm thick ITO-coated glass (8-12 ohms/sq)
- Hydrophobic fluoropolymer coating on top and edges (for active dispensing from reservoirs)
Discounts are available for orders of 100+ DropBot Chips and custom designs can be manufactured upon request. Contact us to discuss and let’s start something great together!